Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd launched #TeamUnstoppable, its latest regional brand campaign rallying the Gen Zs and millennials of Southeast Asia to push their boundaries and pursue their passions. Aligned with Samsung’s vision to inspire the world with innovation and create a new future, #TeamUnstoppable serves as a platform for like-minded youths to share their inspiring stories and motivate others to take action.
Recently, Samsung premiered its new regional campaign film showcasing five inspirational young individuals who are defying all odds in pursuing their passions with great success. This includes Margielyn Didal from the Philippines, Imran Aqil from Malaysia, Jacob Julian Lau from Singapore, Sarnt Sunbeary from Thailand, and Truong Mỹ Anh from Vietnam.
“Southeast Asia is home to many young, creative individuals who have constantly defied the odds to redefine current norms and create new opportunities for their generation. As digital natives, these Gen Zs and millennials are adept at using the power of technology and social platforms to express themselves,” said Olivier Bockenmeyer, Regional Corporate Marketing Head, Southeast Asia and Oceania at Samsung Electronics.
“At Samsung, we pride ourselves on inspiring young minds and we hope to enable more youths in Southeast Asia to make a positive impact and improve communities. We created #TeamUnstoppable to spotlight successful young changemakers and inspire more young people to share their own unique stories of courage, perseverance, and creativity. Through the #TeamUnstoppable campaign, we hope to create a movement and showcase how our youths are leveraging on innovative technologies and products to drive positive change every day across the region,” added Bockenmeyer.
The individuals featured in the regional campaign film were selected for embodying the ‘do what others say you can’t spirit’. These inspiring personalities have stepped out of their comfort zones to overcome social conventions under different circumstances. They are:
- Margielyn Didal from the Philippines, who is overcoming social conventions to succeed as a professional skateboarder and has won a gold medal in the 2018 Asian Games. She also recently participated in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Imran Aqil from Malaysia, a content creator and social volunteer who is scaling his humanitarian missions to create a meaningful difference.
- Jacob Julian Lau from Singapore, who overcame introversion and self-doubt after choosing dance as his career.
- Sarnt Sunbeary from Thailand, a content creator and entrepreneur who is undaunted by the challenges associated with managing her popular milk and tea shop business.
- Truong Mỹ Anh in Vietnam, embraced self-love and confidence to become a recognized singer who made her debut at 18.
#TeamUnstoppable in the Philippines
Following the regional launch of the #TeamUnstoppable campaign, Samsung Philippines released a local film with Margielyn Didal’s very own untold story, to further engage and inspire the local youth community to share how they have pushed the boundaries in their own ways.
Margielyn Didal also invites users to submit their own ‘do what you can’t’ stories via Instagram, Facebook, and/or TikTok. Participants must produce a video that talks about their Unstoppable Story:
- Courage – show how you overcome personal attitudes. These are people who dare to try new things, explore uncharted territories, and redefine what is accepted as normal.
- Perseverance – show you overcome social conventions. These are people who are works-in-progress and who learn from failures. They tune out naysayers and remain unwavering in pursuing their goals.
- Enterprising – show you overcome contextual circumstances. These are the people who are always moving forward and are leading a change in their local communities and environment.
Ten lucky winners will win prizes such as Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy A72, or Galaxy Buds2 so they can continue capturing their Unstoppable moments and sharing it with like-minded peers and community via the #TeamUnstoppable and #DoWhatYouCant hashtags.
For more information on how you can join the #TeamUnstoppable movement, please visit samsung.com/ph/teamunstoppable.